Mike, List:

MB:  I am not looking at "blueprint" through the lens of representation, I
am looking at "blueprint" in terms of the nature of the object. When it
comes to categorize the reality of our real world, I think this is the
proper basis.

I am inclined to agree, but as I have suggested in the past, it seems to me
that Peirce ultimately maintained a subtle distinction between the
phenomenological/phaernoscopic Categories that describe three different
kinds of predicates and the metaphysical Universes that contain three
different kinds of subjects.  Of course, in accordance with his overall
architectonic, the latter would in some sense depend on the former.

Regards,

Jon S.