Kirsti, List,

It would be more accurate to say, and I'm sure it's what John meant,
that Peirce's explanation of logical connectives and quantifiers in
terms of a game between two players attempting to support or defeat
a proposition, respectively, is a precursor of many later versions
of game-theoretic semantics.

Regards,

Jon