Dear list,

I wish to share this article, which I take to be topical given our
incomplete understanding of Quasi-minds:

*We worked in a group of three where one played the part of a scoundrel,
the other one was a hero, and the third one kept a neutral position..*

*He said he hated the work..*

*The world in those comments was divided into black and white.. *

*praised.. criticized..  That was the principle of the work..*

*The posts and comments are made to form the opinion of Russian citizens
regarding certain issues, and as we see it works for other countries, too..*

*The most important principle of the work is to have an account like a real
person..*

*These technologies are unbelievably effective..*

*She added that she learned how effective the troll farm's work was when
she saw regular people sharing opinions and information that she knew were
planted by trolls.*

*"They believed it was their own thoughts, but I saw that those thoughts
were formed by the propagandists," she said.*

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-russian-troll-factory-20180219-story.html

*He begins in Letter 13 by affirming that “a third basic drive which could
mediate the other two is an absolutely unthinkable concept”; *

*Or, finally, there must exist a power which comes between mind and matter
and unites the two… Is such a thing conceivable?  Certainly not!  *

*~* "Aesthetic" for Schiller and Peirce: A Neglected Origin of Pragmatism

Jeffrey Barnou,  *Journal of the History of Ideas*

Hth,
Jerry R

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 2:10 PM, Jon Alan Schmidt <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>