Edwina, List:

As I said, if you are unwilling, for the sake of this discussion, to set
aside your own model of semiosis--and (especially) your own peculiar
terminology, which is very different from mine--then further dialogue
between us will almost certainly be fruitless.  I fully expect you to
disagree with me on just about every single one of the following points.

   1. I chose a particular abstract example very intentionally.
   2. The Sign is not a "triad," although the IO and II are indeed *within *
   it.
   3. There is no "Representamen" as you define it; for me, that word is
   just a synonym for "Sign."
   4. The DI *can *be a feeling (1ns/Sympathetic) or exertion
   (2ns/Percussive), but my example happens to be a case where it is *always
   *another Sign (3ns/Usual), which is why a shout of STOP is not an
   equivalent scenario.
   5. Peirce explicitly differentiated between Signs whose "Manner of
   Appeal" is Imperative (urged or asserted) vs. Suggestive (merely presented
   for contemplation); this proposal is of the latter kind.
   6. Signs absolutely can be, and often are, transmitted externally; this
   e-mail message is precisely such a Sign, or more accurately, a Replica of a
   Sign.
   7. My current working definitions are that the DO is the Matter that the
   Sign denotes, the IO is the Form that the Sign signifies, the II is the
   Form that the Sign communicates, the DI is the Matter that the Sign
   determines, and the FI is the Entelechy that the Sign intends.
   8. The diagram was attached to my last message, and is now downloadable
   from the List archive (
   https://list.iupui.edu/sympa/arc/peirce-l/2018-03/msg00191/Semiosis.jpg).

Finally, your allegation, "You are claiming that there is only one valid
model - yours!!! Do you want a debate and dialogue or merely subservient
following?" is baseless, absurd, and offensive, and I frankly think that
you owe me a retraction and apology.  What part of "This thread is intended
to be an inquiry for which I am seeking the assistance of the List
community" and "I am still very much open to being persuaded" did you not
understand?

Cheers,

Jon S.