Edwina, List:

I have given you what I believe are *very clear* answers to your questions
and comments, but you refuse to accept them because they are inconsistent
with your own peculiar terminology--which, in my opinion, is *not *Peirce's
terminology.  Setting it aside does not necessarily mean giving it up, just
*provisionally *accepting *my *definitions for the sake of *this *
discussion.

I have worked very hard over the last couple of months to understand
*your *model
of semiosis better *on its own terms*, despite the fact that I did not (and
still do not) agree with it.  You are evidently unwilling to reciprocate,
which is your right, but--again--it entails that further dialogue will be
fruitless.

Your opinions and vigorous disagreement are not what offended me--it was
your ridiculous allegation that I am claiming exclusive validity for my
model of semiosis, when I have been quite explicit about it being *tentative
*and something that I am *suggesting *in the hope of receiving *constructive
*feedback from the List community.  That is what I am still seeking.

Jon S.