Van: Jon Alan Schmidt <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>
Verzonden: zaterdag 26 januari 2019 16:50
Aan: peirce-l@list.iupui.edu
Onderwerp: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Signs, Types, Tokens, Instances

Auke, List:

What I am suggesting can be summarized as follows.

*       Every Token has a different Dynamic Object and Dynamic
Interpretant--whatever it actually does denote and signify, respectively, on
that particular occasion.
*       Every Type has a different Immediate Object and Immediate
Interpretant--whatever it possibly could denote and signify, respectively, in
accordance with the Sign System to which it belongs.
*       Every Sign has a different General Object and Final
Interpretant--whatever it necessarily would denote and signify, respectively,
after infinite inquiry by an infinite community; i.e., in the Ultimate Opinion.

In other words, two individual Instances of the same Type always have different
individual Dynamic Objects and different individual Dynamic Interpretants;
while two different Types of the same Sign always have at least somewhat
different Immediate Objects and Immediate Interpretants within their different
Sign Systems.  I am still pondering whether it is also possible for two
Instances of the same Type to have different Immediate Interpretants, when they
are accompanied by different Tones--font changes for emphasis, punctuation
marks, voice inflections, etc.--or if those only affect their different Dynamic
Interpretants.

www.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt <http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt>
- twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt <http://twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt>

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 7:32 AM Auke van Breemen <a.bree...@chello.nl