Mike,
MB> Please stop.
Excellent advice.   I stated all
the issues in my previous note, and I have no desire to
continue.
MB> Despite Gary R telling me offline to resign from
the list, I will
      continue to monitor. I am curious to see if the human animal has
      the capacity to learn and grow. Evidence based on the way this
      list is going does not instill optimism.
I sympathize.  I also
received an offline note.  But I have been friendly wih him for
years, and I can tolerate quite a bit.  But not a blanket
condemnation.JAS>Thanks for confirming that
              there are no specific examples to cite of Gary R. making
              the kinds of "blanket statements" of which he has
been
              repeatedly and falsely accused. They made mse so angry that I
deleted them.JAS> Many
              Peircean scholars have attempted to do that, not out
              of hubris but out of a sincere (even humble) desire to
              learn from Peirce's writings and then help others do
              likewise.Responsible Peirce
scholars comment on, build on, and adapt ideas from Peirce's
writings.  Many have compiled lists of excerpts by Peirce on
certain themes.  But nobody has attempted to produce a
single coherent presentation of what Peirce intended, but
could not himself complete.
There is nothing
more to say. John