Edwina, List:

It has nothing to do with whether Peirce ever used his own analytic
framework in a certain way. My basic question is, how do we ascertain
whether a particular analytic framework that someone is using to examine
the actual world is really *THE* Peircean analytic framework--i.e., *Peirce's
*analytic framework--if not by comparing how that person describes it with *his
*texts? And where there are obvious discrepancies between them, in what
sense can that person legitimately claim to be using *THE* Peircean
analytic framework--i.e., *Peirce's *analytic framework--at all?

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian