Helmut, List:

I will offer brief responses to the specific questions posed. The much
longer answer is my entire paper, "Temporal Synechism: A Peircean
Philosophy of Time" (https://doi.org/10.1007/s10516-020-09523-6 or
https://rdcu.be/b9xVm).

HR: Now, are time and space a kind of ether?

No, because although time and space are *real*, they do not *exist*.

HR: A divine clock ticking, a divine measure tape of meters or parsecs
applied to the world?

No, because measurement relative to a *discrete *unit of duration or
distance is something that we impose on *continuous *time and space.

HR: Or is time produced by events, and is space produced by matter?

No, time and space are together the medium (3ns) in which events occur and
matter exists (2ns).

HR: Does the world consist of just and only signs? Or rather of objects,
and the signs merely denote them? Are just correlates?

According to Peirce, the entire universe is a vast sign--in my view, a
semiosic continuum that we *analyze* into individual objects, signs, and
interpretants as *entia rationis*. As such, the continuous flow of time
matches the continuous process of semiosis--the past determines the present
to determine the future, just like the object determines the sign to
determine the interpretant.

HR: What now can the second tribe do to solve this paradoxon, or problem,
and win in the end? Anybody got a proposal?

What would it look like for the second tribe to "win in the end"? Their
postmodern notion of each individual constructing his/her own reality is
utterly incompatible with the very definition of reality--often invoked by
Peirce--as that which is as it is regardless of what anyone thinks about it.

Thanks,

Jon Alan Schmidt - Olathe, Kansas, USA
Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian
www.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt / twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt