Helmut, List:

HR: At first, this looks logically false: Two non-identical things. each
one being a subset of the other.

That is not what I said. The point is that existence, reality, and being
are not coextensive. Whatever exists is real, and whatever is real has
being, but there are realities that do not exist (possibilities and
habits/laws) and beings that are not real (fictions). A better analogy is
that every mouse is a mammal and every mammal is an animal, but there are
mammals that are not mice and animals that are not mammals.

HR: Peirce´s solution in the case of reality and existence is, that there
are two kinds of existence.

Not two *kinds *of existence, but two *definitions *for the word
"existence." In Peirce's mature metaphysics, it means "reacting with other
like things in the environment" and thus applies *only *to the constituents
of his Second Universe of Experience. It is in this sense that existence
"is a special mode of reality." However, in logic, it means "belonging to
the universe of discourse" and thus can be used for the constituents of *any
*of the three Universes of Experience. It is in this sense that numbers and
laws of nature (for example) can be said to exist.

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian
www.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt / twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt