Dear Joe and Frances,

This is not directly to your concerns but may be of some related interest:

On page 106 of Volume 1 of the Essential Peirce (chapter 6 --On a New Class of Observations, Suggested by the Principles of Logic) I find the following Peirce QUOTE:

"It is usually admited that there are two classes of mental representation, Immediate Representations or Sensations and Mediate Representations or Conceptions."

CLOSE QUOTE

The caps are not mine.

Best wishes,
Jim Piat

Where does Peirce talk about an "immediate representamen" (or an "immediate
sign")?  I can't think of any use he would have for such a term.

Joe Ransdell