It may be that the margin of error of the exit polls used to generate the
demographic profiles of who voted on Tuesday is too big to make any
precise conclusions about Tuesday's debacle.

We Democrats were somewhat lucky in Colorado, as the Republican
gubernatorial candidate repeatedly torpedoed his own campaign by doing
stupid things.  (If I have time, I will share some of these later.)  My
U.S. representative drew a Republican opponent from the loony-tune fringe
of the GOP, so he won easily, too.  However, voters in many
districts seemed to vote for Republican candidates for the State Legislature
on the basis of the candidates' party affiliation and not on the basis of
their beliefs or issues.  There seemed to be a fair amount of ticket
splitting, too.

Steven Zahniser
[EMAIL PROTECTED]