>CB: Before you get to that, isn't the burden on you to demonstrate that the
>theory alternative to Marx's explains what Marx's theory does ?  Justin and
>the AM's haven't quite proven that to everybody yet.

Well, Marx and Engels collected writings are 50 volumes. However, I think
I've made a tolerable start by showing how Marx's theory of exploitation,
the core of Capital I, can be resttaed without the LTV (this in my two
papers on exploitation), and by sketching how the theory of commodity
fetishim, the core of Marx's mature theory of ideology, can also be
statedwithout it (this in The Paradox of ideology). The papers are available
on line, and I think you have copies, Charles. So, since I put some years
into doing that, the ball is now in your court to show how I have failed.
Btw, for crisuis theory and the rest of the main line of Capital, see Daniel
Little, The Scientific Marx. Robert Brenner's book The Turbulent Economy
does the same with crisis theory. I will say, too, that in many years of
explaining Marx to students and others, I have never had to rely onthe LTV
for any core point; I mean, I'd try to explain it and explain Marx's
thinking, but then I'd restate it without the LTV. I still don't
understandwhat I'm supposed to me missing. (Sorry, Jim; I've read your
papers too, and remains opaque to me).

jks