Tyler MacDonald wrote:
        3) Tests are failing because of ActiveState's build system

        For 3), that could mean because the build system itself is screwed
or they don't have some library available.

        Phillipe Chaisson aka "Gozer" (one of the mod_perl authors) is
responsible for the ActiveState PPM repositories now, and the he's told me
that if there's an issue with the build system that causes some particular
module's build to fail when it shouldn't, he'll fix it right away if it can
be identified. http://ppm.activestate.com/ contains full logs of every
single package build success and failure, so if a package isn't available,
have a look there and see why/how it failed and let him know.

I've been a little disappointed with "right away" (sorry, Philippe). I sent an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] just over a week ago about the build system using an outdated version of Scalar::Util that doesn't have "refaddr". (Which is surprising, since they offer an updated one in their repository.) To date, I haven't even received a ticket response acknowledging receipt of my message, much less a fix.

A copy of my email follows: