On Wednesday 26 September 2007 3:41 pm, David Golden wrote:
> I don't think Module::Build can be a build_requires. I think it has to
> be a configure_requires. (Not that support is widespread yet.)
>
> On 9/26/07, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Graham TerMarsch wrote:
> > > As a dumb alternative... what about explicitly listing M::B as a build
> > > dependency?  Would that trigger CPANPLUS into installing it and then
> > > restarting the build?
> >
> > I don't know what CPANPLUS does with build_requires.  It'll probably balk
> > about missing CPANPLUS::Dist::Build, too.

How about I take a different approach here, and ask...

What would be the recommended way to minimize the number of automated CPANPLUS
test failures, knowing that I -have- to have Apache::Test installed in order
for the tests to run successfully?

a) Alter each test suite so that it does a "skip_all" if its not installed,

b) Leave the test suites alone (so the die if Apache::Test isn't installed),
but mark Apache::Test as a "PREREQ_PM" in Makefile.PL,

c) Check in Makefile.PL if Apache::Test is installed and simply -ignore- all
of the test suites entirely if its not installed,

d) <something-entirely-different>.

I'd prefer to have a solution that didn't pass tests when all of the
build/install requirements aren't met; if the tests passed all the time no
matter what you had installed on your machine, they're not that effective.

And, for my own clarification, if the build/install requirements aren't met
and the build/test cannot proceed, does that constitute a "failure", "na",
or "unknown"?

--
Graham TerMarsch