On 9/26/07, Graham TerMarsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> configure_requires would be nice, but what supports it at this point?

configure_requires is in the META.yml blead spec.  CPAN has support
for it as of 1.92.

Unfortunately, the most common smoke testing setup is YACSmoke, which
uses CPANPLUS.

> What I'd like, though, is to at least stem/slow the number of CPAN testers
> failures or at least get them turned into something more like "no idea; build
> environment not suitable for this module".

At least with CPAN, I think that if you just exit the Makefile.PL
without creating a Makefile, then CPAN::Reporter won't FAIL it, but
CPAN notices that no Makefile was created and won't continue.  But you
have to exit (exit value 0), not die.

I don't know if CPANPLUS follows the same logic.

Regards,
David Golden