# from Graham TerMarsch
# on Thursday 27 September 2007 12:38:

>> There's a new META.yml field under development called
>> "configure_requires" to account for that case.  The latest CPAN.pm
>> supports it.  Again, I don't know about CPANPLUS.
>
>Cool.  For my own edification, how does CPAN behave when it encounters
> a missing "configure_requires"?  Does it simply install the
> dependency and then continue, or does it install it and then re-run
> "perl Makefile.PL"?  Or, alternatively, does it just choke outright
> and abort the build?

It must be in META.yml (since the whole point is to install it before
running the Build.PL/Makefile.PL), then the installer is supposed to
install the dependencies (or prompt (and then quit if you say no I
guess.))

--Eric
--
The only thing that could save UNIX at this late date would be a new $30
shareware version that runs on an unexpanded Commodore 64.