Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> # from Michael G Schwern
> # on Monday 15 October 2007 18:00:
>
>>> We're not going to retroactively remove it from the 2.x series.  3.0
>>> and beyond will not have straps.
>> To clarify further, upgrading from TH 2 to TH 3 will not break Straps.
>
> "not break" in what sense?  From my reading, Test::Harness::Straps only
> operates by way of Test::Harness dispatching all work through it.

Straps does not depend on Test::Harness, it is the other way around.  Straps
can be used independently.  That's just what things like Test::TAP::Model are
doing.

If you use *only* Test::Harness::Straps it will continue to work just fine
after TH 3 is installed.  Since TH 3 doesn't overwrite Straps, the module will
remain installed.

That is to say...

        use Test::Harness::Straps;

will continue to work assuming it was already installed.

----> Installing Test::Harness 3 will not cause applications which use Straps
to suddenly stop working. <-----

Now, if your module declares a dependency on Test::Harness and expects to get
Straps there's a problem.  Two things have to happen:

1)  Straps gets released as its own distribution.
2)  Authors depend on Test::Harness::Straps directly.

Honestly, just convert to TAP::Parser.  Straps has no future.

--
Stabbing you in the face for your own good.