Geoffrey Young wrote:
>> Honestly, just convert to TAP::Parser.  Straps has no future.
>
> Apache-Test subclasses Straps to override _command_line() and provide
> php as the test caller (so you can run t/foo.php with php instead of perl).
>
> unfortunately for us, the magic required for this to work with Straps
> isn't straightfoward, so kudos to TAP::Parser if this is made simpler
> (and a plague of boils if it's impossible :)

Test::Harness 3 has this built in.  Its prove has an --exec switch which
allows you to explain how you'd like tests run.  TAP::Parser has an exec
option to do the same.

Also, using a little known feature of Perl, you can get Test::Harness 2 to do
this without any modification.  Just say "#!/usr/bin/php" or "#!/usr/bin/env
php" or whatever on the #! line of the test and Perl will honor it and run the
program through php.

Yes, this is documented in perlrun.

--
Whip me, beat me, make my code compatible with VMS!