Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 11:21 +1100, Sven Dowideit wrote:
excellent stuff Andy!

To start with the obvious :)

Due to the lack of ustack helper, I am hoping to add a stack probe

Two things: first of all DTrace could really benefit from a general purpose mechanism of hooking up custom stack helpers with the rest of the system. Frankly, the way jstack is done doesn't strike me as too generic a mechanism.

  Second, I would like to encourage those who do DTrace integration
into Perl to take a look at what JavaScript is doing. They don't
have a custom stack helper either but the set of probes they offer
makes stack synthesis a trivial (albeit costly) matter.

Thanks,
Roman.
Yeah, I'm pondering (naively) the idea of activating the perl debugger using isenabled.

--
Professional Wiki Innovation and Support Sven Dowideit - http://DistributedINFORMATION.com A WikiRing Partner http://wikiring.com