On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 06:47:32PM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2008, at 18:42, Guy Hulbert wrote:
> >You still need to figure out whether to check 'ccversion' or
> >'gccversion' to when $Config{cc} can be either 'cc' or 'gcc' and also
> >how to find the '--version' string on windows ... but it looks doable.
> I'm using Devel::CheckLib and relying on David Cantrell to make it all
> work. If there's a problem in his compiler detection logic it's more
> likely to get fixed quickly than it is if I roll some ad-hoc code of
> my own. It's also more likely to get detected before it impacts
> directly on my module.

It is possible, however, that I might break D::CL for some platforms
while adding support for VMS - and I can't test it myself on Windows.
The compiler detection bit is very stable, but if D::CL breaks in some
other place it still might fail for you.

Perhaps someone should break it out into a Devel::CheckOS plugin like
Devel::CheckOS::OSFeatures::CcompilerAvailable.  Whoever decides to do
that, prod me off-list if you need any help.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

What a lovely day!  Now watch me spoil it for you.