On 25 Feb 2008, at 21:36, David Cantrell wrote:
I'm using Devel::CheckLib and relying on David Cantrell to make it all
work. If there's a problem in his compiler detection logic it's more
likely to get fixed quickly than it is if I roll some ad-hoc code of
my own. It's also more likely to get detected before it impacts
directly on my module.

It is possible, however, that I might break D::CL for some platforms
while adding support for VMS - and I can't test it myself on Windows.
The compiler detection bit is very stable, but if D::CL breaks in some
other place it still might fail for you.

S'OK - I'm bundling a version that works for me and if I decide to upgrade the bundle D::CL I'll test it again :)

Perhaps someone should break it out into a Devel::CheckOS plugin like
Devel::CheckOS::OSFeatures::CcompilerAvailable.  Whoever decides to do
that, prod me off-list if you need any help.

That sounds sensible. Unfortunately my tuit bank is a bit low at the moment otherwise I'd give it a shot.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten