Fred P. wrote:
> So here's my wish list: =)
> [ Some of them already exist  ]

hi Fred,
I've commented your list giving the (probable) Win32::GUI
equivalents to the widgets you mention. if you, or somebody else, has
some comments, feel free to share :-)

> Standard:
> =========
> TMainMenu:          Main Menu    (top window menu)

Win32::GUI::Menu

> TPopupMenu:         Pop up Menu  (right-click menu)

Win32::GUI::Menu (sub-menus can be used with the TrackPopupMenu function)

> TLabel:             Label

Win32::GUI::Label

> TEdit:              Textbox

Win32::GUI::Textfield

> TPassword:          Textbox for password

Win32::GUI::Textfield (with -password => 1)

> TMemo:              MultiLine TextBox area

Win32::GUI::Textfield (with -multiline => 1)

> TButton:            Button

Win32::GUI::Button

> TCheckBox:          Check Box

Win32::GUI::Checkbox

> TRadioButton:       Radio button (element of a group)

Win32::GUI::RadioButton

> TListBox:           List box

Win32::GUI::Listbox

> TComboBox:          Combo box

Win32::GUI::Combobox

> TScrollBar:         Scroll bar vertical or horizontal

missing, but do we need one?

> TRadioGroup:        Panel Box container for radio buttons set

missing, and we need one :-)

> Additional:  { Custom widget adjacement }
> ===========
> TBitBtn:            Image with a bitmap on it left hand side with text

don't know what it is.

> TMaskEdit:          TEdit with RegExp input validation mask

should be easy with a few lines of code?

> TStringGrid:        Excel like Grid widget for text only
> TDrawGrid:          Excel like Grid widget for text or image

see Win32::GUI::Grid by Laurent Rocher

> TImage:             Image container

Win32::GUI::Label (with -bitmap => $Bitmap)

> TShape:             Shape object: Rectangle, oval, square, circle, rounded
> box

Win32::GUI::Graphic (or InteractiveGraphic) (mostly)

> TBevel:             3D Line seperator for visual grouping

Win32::GUI::Groupbox (maybe?)

> TScrollBox:         ListBox with horizontal scrolling

Win32::GUI::Listbox

> TCheckListBox:      ListBox with check marks

Win32::GUI::ListView (with -checkboxes => 1)

> Win32: {COMCTL32.DLL version 4.70 or later}
> ======
> TTabControl:        Tab page
> TPageControl:       Tab page controller

actually only Win32::GUI::Tabstrip

> TRichEdit:          WordPad like Memo container area with font and images

Win32::GUI::RichEdit

> TTrackBar:          Sound slider

don't know what it is

> TProgressBar:       Installation like progress bar

Win32::GUI::ProgressBar

> TUpDown:            Up/Down button

> THotKey:            HotKey tracking visible container

missing.

> TMonthCalendar:     Microsoft Calendar

missing.

> TDateTimePicker:    Microsoft Calendar inside a combo box

Win32::GUI::DateTime

> TTreeView:          Tree view component

Win32::GUI::TreeView

> TListView:          List view component

Win32::GUI::ListView

> TStatusBar:         Status bar component

Win32::GUI::StatusBar

> TToolBar:           MS Office Tool Bar container

Win32::GUI::Toolbar

> TCoolBar:           MS Office Tool Bar with scroll container

see Win32::GUI::Rebar

> TPageScroller:      MS Office Tool Bar with scroll and moveable container

Win32::GUI::Rebar

> System:
> =======
> TTimer:             Auto-restart count-down Timer event driven
> {SetTimer and KillTimer, and to simplify processing the WM_TIMER messages}

Win32::GUI::Timer

> TMediaPlayer:       Media Player button (play, pause, stop, ff, rew, prev,
> next, rec, eject)
> {Custom bitmap button with predefined callback}

Win32::GUI::Animation (very limited, tho)

> TOleContainer:      Interface to OLE 2.0 object container
> {InsertObjectDialog can be called to embed or link to an OLE 2.0 object}

see Win32::GUI::AxWindow by Laurent Rocher

> Internet: (Internet Explorer SDK documented on MSDN)
> =========
> TCppWebBrowser:     Internet Explorer Embedded DCOM Container

see Win32::GUI::AxWindow by Laurent Rocher

> Samples:  (bunch of widget hook-up together)
> ========
> TCSpinEdit:         TextBox with up/down button embedded

missing.

> Dialogs:  (Windows SDK documented on MSDN)
> ========
> TOpenDialog:        Windows Open dialog

Win32::GUI::GetOpenFileName

> TSaveDialog:        Windows Save dialog

Win32::GUI::GetSaveFileName

> TOpenPictureDialog: Windows Open dialog with picture preview
> TSavePictureDialog: Windows Save dialog with picture preview

missing.

> TFontDialog:        Windows Font picker dialog

Win32::GUI::ChooseFont

> TColorDialog:       Windows Color picker dialog

Win32::GUI::ChooseColor

> TPrintDialog:       Windows Print dialog
> TPrintSetupDialog:  Windows Print setup dialog
> TFindDialog:        Windows Find dialog
> TReplaceDialog:     Windows Replace dialog

missing.

> Homemade dialogs: (Windows SDK documented on MSDN)
> TOpenWebDialog:     Windows Open dialog with Internet Explorer preview
> TSaveWebDialog:     Windows Save dialog with Internet Explorer preview

missing.

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;