----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Kobes"
.

> I'm not sure how permanent this location is, but
>     http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.8-windows/
> and
>    http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.6/
> contains the ppd files for, respectively, 5.8 and
> 5.6 builds.

Yes - that's possibly what I was trying to find.
I've since had time to take a more thorough look at the ppm documentation
and, in so doing, found that the ppd file can be displayed by running:

ppm describe -ppd DBI

Interestingly, that displays a slightly different ppd file to the one I see
when I browse to http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.8-windows/DBI.ppd
. (The difference is that one way lists a fully qualified CODEBASE HREF
path, whereas the other lists a relative CODEBASE HREF path. I'm not sure
what's happening there ... I think I don't want to think about it any more
:-)

Cheers,
Rob