On 5/1/06, Edward Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On May 1, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Brad Baxter wrote:
>> # delete first two subfield u
>> $field->delete_subfield(code => 'u', count => 2);
>
> I don't think I like it this way.  How would you delete just the
> second one?
> I'd rather see 'count' mean 'occurrence', so the above would mean
> delete the second subfield u.

Yeah, I like your suggestion of using 'occurrence' over 'count' here.

> And ...
>
> # delete second and third subfield u
> $field->delete_subfield(code => 'u', count => 2, count => 3);

This won't translate very well to passing in arguments as a hash,
since the second count will stomp on the first. Have you actually had
to any real need to delete this way in the past?

Of course.  I was thinking too shallowly.  The suggestions for
occur => [1,2] would do the trick.

-- Brad