>   Robustness
>   Portability
>   Maintainability
>   Testability
>   Reusability
>   Speed
>   Simplicity
>   Size

Hey, whoa. Aren't we pre-maturely optimizing the development
process? IMHO we're still in the day dreaming "what if" mode of
development. (We don't even have a language spec yet!) Now's
the time to come up with crazy new ideas that need a lot of
debate before we decide if they're useful.

Example: I'd like to see a few different species of vtbl before
we commit to an API. BTW, where's Chip? I was *really* hoping
that he'd write up his Topaz experience and clue us in on
architectural dead ends. It might be that the family tree of
Perl 6 should be:

  Perl 5     Topaz
      \      /
       Perl 6