> >   Robustness
> >   Portability
> >   Maintainability
> >   Testability
> >   Reusability
> >   Speed
> >   Simplicity
> >   Size
>
> Hey, whoa. Aren't we pre-maturely optimizing the development
> process?

Not in deciding priorities.  These are factors of architecture
just as much as code.

> Example: I'd like to see a few different species of vtbl before
> we commit to an API

Yup, that makes perfect sense.  But how do we evaluate the vtbl?
We need some acknowledged priorities.

> BTW, where's Chip? I was *really* hoping
> that he'd write up his Topaz experience and clue us in on
> architectural dead ends. It might be that the family tree of

Sigh.  I've asked for Chip's talk notes.  Chip is deluged in
VA Linux kernel work, and doesn't answer anything.

Nat