On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 04:41:09PM -0400, David Grove wrote:
> My information on this comes from discussion (asking directly) in undernet
> #linux. If this is in error, tell it to them.

An IRC channel, in ERROR?!  On Undernet no less?!  THE DEUCE YOU SAY!! ;)

Next thing you're going to tell me the commentary on Slashdot isn't
totally impartial!

> > Debian? They're not commercial, but they're still a pretty big OS distro;
>
> What? You mean they're actually accepting it a year and a half later in a
> testing version?

Debian is historically slow to release 'stable' distributions.  The
current 'testing' branch has been going on for quite some time.

> FreeBSD comes to mind, among others.

FreeBSD is also historically *very* slow about upgrading perl.  They
were one of the last hold-outs to upgrading /usr/bin/perl from perl4.

Please stop.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One