Andy Dougherty (via RT) wrote:

That's because Solaris doesn't have on_exit.  It does have atexit, but
atexit doesn't take any parameters so it's not a direct drop-in
replacement.  The correct "fix" is not obvious to me.  I suppose
someone could have Configure.pl test for on_exit and only use it if
available, but it'd probably be better to rework interpreter.c to use
atexit() if possible.
The on_exit/atexit is currently necessary to clean up behind exceptions. If you don't mind memory leaks after exceptions, remove the

#define ATEXIT_DESTROY

at the beginning of interpreter.c, until we have a config test for on_exit.

atexit is not an alternative, because we might have multiple interpreters to clean up like in t/op/interp_2.

leo