If memory serves me right, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> Yep, you are right - I did miss this point sometimes. We have to do a
> _save_registers before calling code, that might throw an exception.

Excuse me for butting in ... But how are the parameters to a C code being
passed .. I assume that would use a stack or register ... So it is always
possible for a C code to break the ability to restore registers if they
are stored in the stack ....

I guess pushall,call,popall would be the easiest approach ... let the
programmer writing C code handle the rest of the mess ... You can't
prevent SEGFAULTs in external calls , just let the programmer handle
them...

Speaking about debugging calls from JIT'd code ... Does parrot JIT
generate a debugging segment ? like a dwarf2 segment so that we can
debug with gdb ? ... (I hate it when I see 200 ?? in a backtrace).

I'm a man of simple ideas ... :-)
Gopal