If memory serves me right, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> This sounds pretty interesting, and I bet it could make things
> faster. The one thing to be careful of is that it's easy to get
> yourself into a position where you spend more time optimizing the
> code you're JITting than you win in the end.

I think that's not the case for ahead of time optimisations . As long
as the JIT is not the optimiser , you could take your time optimising.

The topic is really misleading ... or am I the one who's wrong ?

> You also have to be very careful that you don't reorder things, since
> there's not enough info in the bytecode stream to know what can and
> can't be moved. (Which is something we need to deal with in IMCC as
> well)

I'm assuming that the temporaries are the things being moved around here ?.
Since imcc already moves them around anyway and the programmer makes
no assumptions about their positions -- this shouldn't be a problem ?.

The only question I have here , how does imcc identify loops ?. I've
been using "if goto" to loop around , which is exactly the way assembly
does it. But that sounds like a lot of work identifying the loops and
optimising accordingly.

To make it more clear -- identifying tight loops and the usage weights
correctly. 10 uses of $I0 outside the loop vs 1 use of $I1 inside a 100
times loop. Which will be come first ?.

Gopal