If memory serves me right, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> > I'm assuming that the temporaries are the things being moved around here ?.
>

> It is not so much a matter of moving things around, but a matter of
> allocating (and renumbering) parrot (or for JIT) processor registers.

Ok .. well I sort of understood that the first N registers will be the
ones MAPped ?. So I thought re-ordering/sorting was the operation performed.

Direct hardware maps (like using CX for loop count etc) will need to be
platform dependent ?. Or you could have a fixed reg that can be used for
loop count (and gets mapped on hardware appropriately).

> > does it. But that sounds like a lot of work identifying the loops and
> > optimising accordingly.
> Loop info
> ---------
> loop 0,  depth 1, size 2, entry 0, contains blocks:
> 1 2

Hmm.. this is what I said "sounds like a lot of work" ... which still
remains true from my perspective :-)

>   r->score = r->use_count + (r->lhs_use_count << 2);
>
>    r->score += 1 << (loop_depth * 3);

Ok ... deeper the loop the more important the var is .. cool.

Gopal