On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> This dies on 9 tests on OS X, and I think from the complaints that
> valgrind will also be very unhappy, but I'm putting it in so it can
> be thumped by other folks as well as me.

 I think I might have figured out why valgrind's unhappy. We're
 currently marking the ParrotIO PMC as needing active destruction,
 so as to ensure that PIO_close gets called when the PMC gets garbage
 collected. However, as far as I can see there's nothing to stop this
 from happening even after we've called PIO_close explicitly ourselves,
 so we can end up trying to free the same io structure twice.

 Does this make sense?

 Simon