At 11:02 PM +0100 7/3/03, Tim Bunce wrote:
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 05:10:23PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:

   AB> Dan Sugalski wrote:
   >> The more I think about this the more I want to punt on the whole
   >> idea. Cross-platform async IO is just one big swamp.

AB> Agreed. Glug, glug, glug.... ;-)

 who here will be at oscon (or yapc::eu)? i would like to get a small BOF
 going on this subject. i agree it is a morass but i have some ideas and
 i know dan has plenty. but we had better learn to swim these swamps and
 not get eaten by the gators. we can drain them, convert them to dry
 deserts and make them safe for camel caravans. :)

Has any other language learnt to swim well in these swamps?

Cross-platform? Not that I know of. On single platforms, sure. That's easy. Well, relatively easy, at least.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk