At 11:10 PM +0000 12/18/03, Harry Jackson wrote:
Dan Sugalski wrote:

It's util/ncidef2pasm.pl, actually. build_nativecall builds the stub routines for the interpreter if a JIT isn't available. The definitions of the characters are the same, but ncidef2pasm's a bit better documented. (There's embedded POD) Invocation is:

perl util/ncidef2pasm.pl definition_file output.pasm

I have done postgres.declarations, please see below.

Woo! And, might I add, hoo! :) Thanks.

Do you want me to do anything else with it. The script above works fine on the file.

Dunno if I replied, but... Next step is a higher level wrapper, if you're up for fiddling with Postgres itself. Stuff like a single call to connect (right now you have to make the connect call and poll over and over again), getting back a full row as an array, getting back a full row as a hash, and stuff like that. Nothing fancy, and nothing that high-level, but enough to work the basics without quite as manual work as the current libpg requires.

This'll probably be the basis for the DB driver interface for Parrot's DBI library, so this is your chance to make a mark. :)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk