On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Paul Cochrane wrote:

> This also gives me an opportunity to mention to anyone with more time (and
> possibly ability) than me, that parrot is having problems on LinuxPPC.  The
> specifics are:
>     - parrot hangs on t/op/arithmetics when doing make test
>     - make gives an implicit declaration of posix_memalign, but doesn't seem
>       to have problems beyond this
>     - a lot of warnings about implicitly truncating to unsigned type
>     - a lot of warnings about discarding qualifiers
>       (I don't know how much people worry about these kinds of things, but I
>       found with the software I'm working on atm, that implicity truncation to
>       unsigned was a problem found only on LinuxPPC, but not on LinuxX86,
>       something to do with differences between the gcc's)

Wordsize errors are one common type of error that show up on PPC
(and SPARC) more readily than on x86, due to byte-order issues.

When reporting problems, it's often a good idea to include the ./myconfig
file in the parrot build directory -- it includes information about the
variable types and sizes used in building parrot.  These sizes may depend
on your gcc version, how it was configured, and how it was called.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]