*) Array - fixed-size, mixed-type array
*) vPArray - variable-sized PMC array
*) PArray - Fixed-size PMC array
*) vSArray - variable-sized string array
*) SArray - fixed-size string array

And so on, for N and I arrays. I'm not particularly attached to the names. (Actually I think they suck, but they are reasonably descriptive)

i think they are not that bad...
calling some vectors would mean having to remember which of the two synonyms is used for what - this can be hard.
the 'modifiers' are on the front so its easier to parse them (as the regexp apocalypse explains)

if i follow this correctly, variable-size means they autoeXpand, so maybe an x instead of v might also be understandable... (we would then have xp arrays ;)

LF