At 2:15 PM -0500 1/21/04, Matt Fowles wrote:
All~

So, lets do the classes as:

*) Array - fixed-size, mixed-type array
*) vPArray - variable-sized PMC array
*) PArray - Fixed-size PMC array
*) vSArray - variable-sized string array
*) SArray - fixed-size string array

I suggest using "Array" to mean fixed size and "Vector" to mean variable size.

I'd rather not. Vector, for me at least, has some specific connotations (from physics) that don't really match what we're talking about here. They're more vectors in the mathematical sense, but they won't behave like mathematical vectors so I don't think that's a good idea either.

Array, while mundane (and a bit annoying with the prefix stuff tacked on) is at least accurate.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk