Robin Berjon wrote:

> I wasn't proposing to come up with short names for all the Unicode
> repertoire, just for the characters that are used as operators :) That
> shouldn't be too long, should it?

I'm not so sure about that. I can already see those mathematician/physicists
gazing hungrily at the following blocks:

        Superscripts and Subscripts  (41 codepoints)
        Mathematical Operators       (256 codepoints)
        Miscellaneous Math Symbols-A (27 codepoints)
        Miscellaneous Math Symbols-B (128 codepoints)
        Supplemental Math Operators  (256 codepoints)

Unicode has a *lot* of potential operators.

> I have nothing against using the Unicode names for other entities for > instance in POD. The reason I have some reserve on using those for > entitised operators is that E<LEFT LOOKING TRIPLE WIGGLY LONG WUNDERBAR > RIGHTWARDS, COMBINING> isn't very readable. Or rather, it's readable > like a totally different plot with its own well-carved out characters, > intrigues, and subplots in the middle of a book.

Yes, but when you download the Debug::Heisenberg module, surely it will be
better to be able to view:

my sub infix:? {...}

    $eigensanction =
        $state ? $event;

at least as:

my sub infix:E<LEFT LOOKING TRIPLE WIGGLY LONG WUNDERBAR RIGHTWARDS, COMBINING> {...}

    $eigensanction =
         $state E<LEFT LOOKING TRIPLE WIGGLY LONG WUNDERBAR RIGHTWARDS, COMBINING>
$event;

if that's all your ancient ASCII device is capable of?

Damian