Larry Wall wrote:

Well, Leo asked for hints, and I basically said Perl has no problem
sending them.  If Parrot has a problem receiving them, that's another
matter. :-)

When there are now hits from languages like Ruby or Smalltalk, then one single flag will do it: If ever a real Continuation is created, this optimization will be stopped. That's hint enough.
If this flag isn't set, RetContinuations will be recycled immediately on an extra free list (and allocated from that).

I've running here a method cache now (passes already all but 1 test). Speedup (unoptimized build) is aroud one third.

Larry

leo