Hello all,

    I've been investigating the possibility of creating a MACHINE
DESCRIPTION (aka BACK-END) for GCC to target PARROT. My thinking is
this: If a satisfactory GCC back-end targeting PARROT is created -and-
PARROT is efficient enough (which from reading the documentation thus
far produced seems like it is an inevitable conclusion) then GCC could
compile itself to PARROT byte-code giving PARROT (and the whole open
source community) a PARROT self-host compiler which compiles multiple
languages (C#, C++, C, Pascal, Objective-C, Java, etc, etc, etc) to the
PARROT runtime.

    Is a complete non-starter, or is this something which has
possibilities? Please give your expert opinions.