Luke Palmer wrote:
I suppose another good thing is that it makes unneccesary the balanced
brace rule in qq{} that was there in Perl 5: all braces need to be
backwhacked now.  However, all braces need to be backwhacked now. Ugh.

I was dreading code-generating heredocs, but with the inclusion of
\qq[], that turns out not to be a problem:

    my $code = eval <<'CODE';
    sub () {
        my \qq[$name] = 0;
    }
    CODE

Didn't know that worked in single-quoted strings. Cute.

Actually, I have to wonder why &foo('bar', 'baz') wasn't on Larry's
list.  Is there a reason for that?

Probably because &foo('bar', 'baz') isn't a function call. All that does is refer to a function &foo with a siglet ('bar','baz'), which means either nothing or a syntax error. The function call looks like foo('bar', 'baz');

Hmm...breaks the parallel with {} and []. But it seems to me that &foo.('bar','baz') should work, at least outside a string.

Roles are nice, but don't forget about the other mechanisms in Perl for
such things.

Erm, properties *are* roles. Your example is the same as mine.

True, I suppose...

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.