On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 18:29, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 12:42, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> > If someone could go through and make a list of what info configure.pl
> > pulls from perl, I'll start writing (or snagging :) the probing code
> > to do it ourselves, so we can be perl-free, at least from a
> > configuration standpoint.

>     optimize      => $optimize ? $Config{optimize} : '',
>     # Compiler -- used to turn .c files into object files.
>     # (Usually cc or cl, or something like that.)
>     cc            => $Config{cc},
>     ccflags       => $Config{ccflags},
>     ccwarn        => exists($Config{ccwarn}) ? $Config{ccwarn} : '',
>     # Flags used to indicate this object file is to be compiled
>     # with position-independent code suitable for dynamic loading.
>     cc_shared => $Config{cccdlflags}, # e.g. -fpic for GNU cc.
>     # Linker, used to link object files (plus libraries) into
>     # an executable.  It is usually $cc on Unix-ish systems.
>     # VMS and Win32 might use "Link".
>     # Perl5's Configure doesn't distinguish linking from loading, so
>     # make a reasonable guess at defaults.
>     link          => $Config{cc},
>     linkflags     => $Config{ldflags},
>     # ld:  Tool used to build dynamically loadable libraries.  Often
>     # $cc on Unix-ish systems, but apparently sometimes it's ld.
>     ld            => $Config{ld},
>     ldflags       => $Config{ldflags},
>     libs          => $Config{libs},
>     exe           => $Config{_exe},       # executable files extension
>     ld_shared     => $Config{lddlflags},
>     ar            => $Config{ar},
>     ranlib        => $Config{ranlib},
>     make          => $Config{make},
>     make_set_make => $Config{make_set_make},

Add to that:

archname (used in several config/auto/*.pl files)
sig_name (used in config/auto/*.pl files, but also t/ and lib/)
./config/auto/pack.pl:39:    if (($] >= 5.006) && ($size == $longsize) && ($size ==
$Config{longsize}) ) {
./config/auto/pack.pl:45:    elsif ($size == 8 || $Config{use64bitint} eq 'define') {
parrotbug/ uses a bunch of Config fields too

And then there's everything that uses an i_* field from Configure::Data,
but I only SEE i_malloc getting called there.

And finally, I don't know what uses config_lib.pasm, but it seems to
write out a copy of Perl's Config with some extra stuff added in to
runtime/parrot/include/config.fpmc, so anything that references that
structure too... anyone know what references that?

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith