On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 02:00:14PM +0200, Jens Rieks wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 September 2004 07:52, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> > Would autoconf/automake be an option for the C part of parrot?
> No, its only available on a few systems.

How do you mean that? You surely don't want to run the compiler directly
on the target system, won't you? Besides that, autoconf runs on every
platform which has a working shell, so if you have a bash on your PXA
and if you run the compiler stuff on your target it should work anyway.

Autoconf has the advantage that it has solved all the problems which
will surely come up with a makefile system sooner or later, and it is
established technology for nearly all possible platforms if it is done
right.

At the moment we have the situation that cross compilation doesn't work
at all.

Robert
     Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4