At 5:34 PM +0200 9/8/04, Robert Schwebel wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:23:36AM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
 No offense, but it *doesn't* *matter*. We're not using autoconf, as
 the subject of this thread makes clear. That's not negotiable.

A really convincing argumentation.

It wasn't an argument, though -- it was a statement of fact and intent. Someone's got to decide this stuff, and in this case it's me. (There are significant downsides to this, though, since I also get the blame/crap/browbeatings when things don't work out, amongst other things) More importantly, this is an old decision we're not going to revisit.

Now, having said that, the other part of this, on cross-compilation, *is* very interesting, and needs addressing, so I will. In a different thread, so we can separate the flames. :)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk