Adam Kennedy wrote:

>>> Schwern made one small change in the STDERR format, and the recursive
>>> cascade of failing test-testing modules hit something like 3000 CPAN
>>> distributions.
>>

>> While I agree that this caused problems, those modules were relying on a
>> format that was not spec'ed out or documented.
>

> That is irrelevant. You put something into CPAN, get massive numbers of
> people using it, and leave it alone and have it remain stable for 4
> years, it becomes an API whether you wanted it to be or not :)

really?  so I use an age old (but undocumented) feature of Config, then
Config changes and it's _not_ my fault?[1]  of course it is - perl is great
because you can go mucking around with stuff you shouldn't, but everyone
knows it's your own fault if it bites you later on.

--Geoff

[1] http://dev.perl.org/perl5/list-summaries/2005/20051003.html