On Wed Feb 27 09:40:57 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Two possible solutions:  Either eliminate those 6 tests entirely, or
> rewrite the tests to make the regexes which need to be matched tolerant
> of the differences between Test::Builder 0.60 and 0.72 in this regard.

Like chromatic, I am leaning toward making the regexes more tolerant.
Unfortunately, that will only remedy the situation in 2 of the 6 cases
-- because the other 4 tests are for exact matches:

515 $ grep -n failure t/perl/Parrot_Test.t
102:$desc = 'pasm_output_is: failure';
133:$desc = 'pasm_output_isnt: failure';
165:$desc = 'pasm_output_like: failure';
198:$desc = 'pir_output_is: failure';
231:$desc = 'pir_output_isnt: failure';
265:$desc = 'pir_output_like: failure';

Can someone suggest some suitable unit tests for the '_is' and '_isnt'
cases?

kid51