On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:05:32AM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> decent implementations, and we don't have enough experience of it. C's
> portable and everyone knows it, but it's a swine for doing OO things.

but perl5 is *still* encountering platforms that don't fully meet the 1989
ANSI spec for parts of the libraries, so anyone who would like to rely on
C99 for any part of the core is welcome to spend the next 10 years working
around portability problems. :-(

[I'm thinking fflush(NULL) here.
 It might be interesting to have -V print out all the non-ANSI thinks that
 perl5 Configure found (for our information on user platforms)
 (void flags, volatile, const, headers absent, functions absent)
]

Nicholas Clark