Simon Cozens writes:
> This is not a design document; it's a meta-design document - that is, it
> tells us what things we need to design, the things we need to consider
> during the design process of the Perl 6 internals.

Thank you!

> Why does string C<eval> have to screw everything up?

It doesn't.  String eval is the escape hatch from a language that
can't do what you want it to do.  As such it's okay for it to be
slow--consider it incentive to fix the language :-)  The runtime
system should be able to load the compilation system and say
"turn this SV into a CV in this lexical scope," and then call the
CV.

> Today's scary thought:
>
>     use B; my $main_root = new B::OP;
>     my $int = new B::Interpreter; $int->run($main_root)

That's yesterday's scary thought.  Today's scary thought is making
a perl5 XS wrapper for the perl6 component libraries and being able
to run perl6 from within perl5 in that way.

Nat