> At 07:49 AM 12/6/00 -0800, Daniel Chetlin wrote:
> >Simply deciding that `eval STRING' is "unimplemented" on these
> >theoretical ports and binary compiles is the best idea I've heard yet,
> >but we should remember that `require' is built on `eval STRING'.

I see no reason to ghettoize powerful non-C-based systems just because we
write the canonical perl6 implementation in Perl.

Soon, there will likely be JVM systems that can run eval($string) quickly
enough, but not if it is written in C (as there is no C->JVM compiler).

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

PGP signature